Our COVID-19 policy
A (post-)pandemic world requires a lot of adaptations on hygienic measures, official rules and our own ethics to go by. We’re happy to be able to organise IRL-events again, but these will require non-stop adaptations of the festival set-up, and compliance by our visitors, professional crew and team. Please read this information carefully, so you know how we will organise and what you’ll have to agree on in order to participate to BRUX.
Obviously the goal of setting the boundaries and conditions for the festival will create opportunities, freedom and a system to not only protect yourself, but also others in society.
BRUX is a covid safe ticket event
Upon arrival participants are able to present a valid COVID certificate on the form of an european QR code. Unfortunately, the requirements of this certificate is still dependent on the evolving regulations that will be applicable at the date of the event. It may consist of the following, but keep in mind that some of the options below may be changed or removed :
- Vaccination certificate or passport (vaccine type and manufacturer, number of doses, date of vaccination): proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Only valid 14 days after fully finished vaccination schedule.
- A negative test result, PCR or rapid certified antigen, with the name of the test, date and time of test, test centre and result (self-tests are not valid) executed max 72hrs (antigen) or 48hrs (PCR) before arrival at the festival site.
- Certificate stating recovery from COVID-19 (between 11 and max 180 days).
Participants take responsibility on their ability to present a valid COVID certificate. We will not provide refunds for people not being able to present a valid COVID certificate at the date of the event.
A verification of the name on the certificate with an ID check may be organized at the entrance.
We will confirm prior of the event what are the measures in place in Belgium.
COVID cancellation policy
- In case of event cancellation due to sanitary measures, a full refund will be provided to all participants.
- In case of event postponing, we will automatically transfer all paid tickets to the new date. If you cannot make it, you can ask for a cancellation and you will get a full refund.
- If you cannot participate due to COVID, you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund under the condition to provide an official proof of positive COVID test from your country of residence.
- For now, it seems, social dancing at evening parties will be possible and completely free. It is possible that in case of changes in the health measures and regulations we have to organise additional social circles of contact.
- For those who do not feel comfortable social dancing with others, we allow you to create your own limitations and limit your dancing to a fixed partner/solo or your own smaller social circle.
COVID general rules
We request that you follow the general hygiene measures
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow or into a paper towel. Dispose of the papers immediately in a trash can.
- We insist you to avoid close contact with people outside the festival, to reduce the risk of infection and spreading. We consider all participants and crew being part of a closed social bubble.
- Always follow the instructions of the organization.
The situation is in constant evolution, so be aware of the following
- In case of a significant rise of numbers, or more restrictions from the government, we will adjust our policy accordingly. This might include extra testing on site for all participants and crew, which might come with an extra cost. Or it could include a partial cancellation of tickets to respect maximum numbers at the event. We will reduce participants in opposite chronological order.
- We believe that most dancers are up-to-date and conscious about the risk of their own and other people’s health. Through registering, you agree to avoid unnecessary close contact with people outside of the event, creating an ‘event bubble’.
- Participants from abroad can find useful information about travel possibilities and restrictions here.
- Participants are comprehensive of changes due to Force Majeure or constant changing regulations of the Belgian National and Brussels Government. We will always follow the most recent measures, which may affect safety requirements of the event.
- We’ll do our best to provide as much safety and peace of mind to everyone involved. Last but not least, we’ll make sure that you will be reminded of the spontaneous thrill and joy of dancing to live music.
This policy is adapted from Upside Down. Thanks to them!